- Do you have a genuine desire to provide the best quality support for customers?
- Do you value difference and diversity?
- Generous salary packaging available- up to $15,900 of your salary being PAYG tax free
About our organisation;
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
This role is a key position responsible for providing tailored support to Chorus Disability Employment Services customers following placement into employment or training.
- Location: Position covers the South West Metro Perth area specifically Fremantle, Medina and Rockingham.
- Utilising relationship building skills to provide mentoring, guidance, motivation, and high levels of support to ensure Chorus customers maintain their employment.
- Being proactive and anticipating risks to Chorus customers employment and outcome claims, and putting strategies in place to mitigate these.
- Liaising with Chorus customers and employers, to facilitate the gathering of sufficient documentary evidence to support outcome claims.
Required for the role:
- Previous experience in Employment Services and in the use of the Employment Services System.
- Proven ability to work within a contractual compliance framework environment.
- Previous experience and high level of knowledge in the use of the employment services guidelines.
- Highly developed customer service skills.
- Demonstrated planning and organisation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Knowledge of local labour markets and community networks.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate with a range of individuals in a variety of contexts.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration, cooperation and partnerships between customers, staff and other internal individuals/groups;
- Good computer literacy skills (Microsoft packages, word processing, ESS).
- Current drivers licence.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus