- Join a small, friendly team
- Make a difference together
- An exciting time to join Chorus!
About the Company:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian
not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 400-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
About the Role:
A fantastic part-time (0.8 FTE, 12 month fixed term) opportunity has arisen for an individual who is interested in pursuing a career within the community care sector. The purpose of this role is to is to undertake home-based assessments of people referred via the My Aged Care Gateway using the National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF) in the South West Metropolitan Region in particularly the Rockingham and Mandurah areas.
Working with each client, the Home Support Assessor establishes goals specific to the client; develops appropriate strategies and actions, including referral to age care and non-aged care services; develops a Support Plan and supports their access to services.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with seniors and facilitate the development of holistic support plans which provide independence, well being and a person centered approach.
- Demonstrated ability to meet targets and ability to manage your day effectively.
- Proven ability in identifying and accessing resources to meet individual needs.
- Have the ability to work effectively and efficiently within a constantly time pressured environment without comprising quality or client outcomes.
- Highly skilled communicator who is able to build rapport and maintain positive working relationships.
- Able to identify and record existing or potential hazards and risks within a home environment.
- Ability to work from home or head office.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Statement of Attainment 2 (SAO2) or willingness to undertake required training.
- Certificate III in Community Services and/or Aged Care.
- Use of My Aged Care systems and National Screening and Assessment Form (NSAF).
- An understanding of the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP) and Community Services will be an advantage.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
- First Aid Certificate.
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you enjoy then Chorus would like to hear from you!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.