- Join a small, friendly team
- Work part-time hours and enjoy a work life balance
- Make a difference together
About our organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
About the Role:
The Support Coordinator is responsible for working creatively and resourcefully with participants in how they utilise their support budgets to achieve their goals.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-disciplinary team environment and the ability to work independently.
- Previous experience in community development, mental health, disability or case management experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication, liaison and advocacy skills.
- Highly developed people and team skills with demonstrated planning leadership skills.
- Excellent organisation, time management and prioritising skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work with a values-focused approach.
- Ability to analyse and identify participant needs and address these through innovative and collaborative methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community development, capacity building and social capital.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient administrative skills and knowledge with experience in the Microsoft Office Suite, and a Client Information Management System (CIMS).
- The applicant will be required to be flexible with work locations. The successful applicant will be required to work from our offices based in Fremantle, Medina, Rockingham, and Mandurah.
- Working with Children Card.
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency.
- Current Western Australian C Class Drivers Licence.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) and an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.