- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Join a small, friendly team - make a difference together
- An exciting time to join Chorus!
About the Organisation...
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian
not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability and Mental Health. Together our new organisation will deliver support services to over 10,000 Customers across metropolitan and regional WA with a 400-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Chorus provides in-home and community support so that people can live the life they choose. We support seniors, people living with disability and those in mental health recovery. More than 1000 staff and volunteers partner with customers to deliver a tailored plan that meets individual needs.
Our focus is to provide a great experience – one where everyone feels respected and included. We know when we put people first, everyone is happier. We are professional, reliable and creative. Chorus is a fresh approach to community
About The Role....
The ICT Technical/Information Officer provides both technical and information leadership in the ICT team and is responsible for documenting and reviewing both technical and informational requirements. The role defines and owns technical and information standards for the organisation and ensures they are understood and adhered to by all relevant parties (including internal and external ICT personnel and providers). It involves maintaining and evolving as necessary the Chorus target enterprise architecture and reviewing both technical and information architectures developed by third parties, while assisting in resolution of integration problems as necessary.
Knowledge & Skills (Social, Personal & Technical) & Equipment
- Good working knowledge of current ICT security standards and mitigating risk in this area
- Office 365 knowledge
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in a corporate ICT environment
- Proven experience supporting and delivering business systems, including change
- Experience in cloud technologies, Office 365, and AWS
- Experience in working in an outsourced managed services environment.
- Experience with implementing and administering SharePoint Online
- Current and Valid C Class Drivers Licence;
- National Police Clearance Certificate with 6 months or less currency;
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate with 6 months or less currency;
- Unlimited right to work in Australia .
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program..
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and resume uploaded as one document.
Applications close: Close of Business 1 March 2019
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus