- Full-Time, Permanent Position
- Join a small, friendly team - make a difference together
- An exciting time to join Chorus!
About the Organisation...
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian
not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability and Mental Health. Together our new organisation will deliver support services to over 10,000 Customers across metropolitan and regional WA with a 400-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence and look for opportunities for people to be connected to others and generally make a difference!
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an individual who is interested in pursuing further their career in community services. We are looking for a Team Lead to join the In Home Services Team on a permanent basis. Chorus is seeking applicants who have a ‘can do’, solution focused attitude and look for opportunities to improve and innovate, whilst coaching their team to achieve successful outcomes.
About The Role....
The primary purpose of this position is to maximise Support Worker engagement in order to deliver and achieve the best Customer Service experience. The Team Lead mentors and guides Support Workers, is involved in performance reviews, recruitment, inductions and resolution of complaints and controlling unexpected situations, whilst also providing training and development.
The successful candidate will build and maintain effective relationships built on trust in the workforce. That candidate will work collaboratively as part of a dynamic, successful team, with a number of high priorities and busy workload as we embrace Chorus values and strategic direction.
- Have a good understanding of supporting people holistically by using strategies to guide staff to provide support according to Customer preference and seeing the whole person;
- Deal with conflict between Customers and Support Workers with the aim of achieving win/win outcomes;
- Identify behaviours that may be detrimental to achieving service excellence and address these in a constructive, supportive manner;
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Plan, manage and organise your time and work ensuring the job gets done;
- Qualifications relevant to the role and/or proven experience in a similar role within the community support sector;
- Good understanding of Work, Health and Safety and its practical application within the nominated work environment;
- High level of information technology literacy including Microsoft office suite;
- This role will be split between our Rockingham and Carlisle office with some travel to other sites within the Perth metro area.
- Current and Valid C Class Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- National Police Clearance Certificate with 6 months or less currency;
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate with 6 months or less currency;
- Current Working with Children Check Card;
- Unlimited right to work in Australia .
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program..
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter addressing the essential criteria and resume uploaded as one document.
Applications close: Monday 25th February at 9am
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus