- Do you have a genuine desire to provide the best quality support for customers?
- Do you want to enable customers to live the life they choose?
- Do you value difference and diversity?
About our organisation;
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking applications for a Support Worker Community. This role is responsible for assisting Chorus customers to reach desired employment goals as directed by the customers NDIS/ WANDIS plan. You will work with customers to achieve desired employment opportunities through training, coaching and assistance to overcome employment related barriers.
The successful candidate would be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with differing needs;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) when assisting customers who are elderly, culturally diverse or have disabilities, along with their families, carers, community agencies and other professionals;
- Strong organisational skills with a high degree of drive, initiative and the capacity to deal with multiple tasks;
- Ability to self-manage requirements of the position and independently coordinate support schedules;
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues;
- Effective problem solving and negotiation skills;
- Strong record keeping and report writing skills;
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Qualifications in Community Services preferably in disability/ mental health
- Demonstrated experience supporting customers to obtain and maintain employment within Disability Employment Services or within the NDIS/ WANDIS field supporting customers with employment related goals;
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide one prior to commencing employment);
- Working With Children Check or willing to obtain (dependent on role if working with customers under the age of 18);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to client assignments, along with motor vehicle insurance and registration (paid kilometres when using own vehicle for approved customer assignments);
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus