- Join a small, friendly team - make a difference together
- An exciting time to join Chorus!
About the Organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers: Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health. Together, our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 500-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual with a passion for delivering exceptional meal services to join our friendly Chorus kitchen team in Albany on a part-time six month fixed term basis initially.
Working alongside Chorus volunteers and staff, you will effectively contribute toward the provision of delicious, healthy meals delivered to our valued Chorus customers through:
- Supporting the Chorus Kitchen team in food preparation and kitchen operational duties including; dish washing, cleaning and sanitising kitchen surfaces, appliances and food storage areas in line with industry standards
- Contributing toward the provision and maintenance of safe working conditions for all Chorus staff and volunteers
- Assisting with the purchase, supply and rotation of food stock as required
- Providing relief assistance to the Chorus kitchen team during leave and rush periods
The successful Applicant will possess:
- A "can do" attitude with a passion for delivering an exceptional meal service in collaboration with team members
- The ability to work effectively alongside team members to deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic kitchen environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and maintain attention to detail, particularly toward the maintenance of clean and hygienic kitchen surfaces and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Capability to accurately follow direction and instruction whilst taking the opportunity to demonstrate initiative within your scope of duties
- A desire to adapt and learn within a changing environment and the motivation to match
To be considered for this opportunity you must also possess the following essential criteria:
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate with 6 months or less currency (or willingness to obtain this at your own cost within the first 3 months of employment)
- Willingness to provide a National Police Clearance with 6 months or less currency
- Current C Class Western Australian Drivers Licence
- Experience in the preparation of food or experience in the hospitality industry
- Sound understanding of food hygiene
- Relevant qualifications and/ or equivalent experience in the hospitality industry
- Experience with working with a meals delivery system
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.