- Join a small friendly team
- Work together to help the community
- An exciting time to join Chorus!
About the Organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers: Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health. Together, our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 500-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are currently seeking applications for a Casual Support Worker Domestic Assistance to join our Aged and Disability Services team assisting customers in the Albany area. You will work alongside customers with varying support needs and will provide person centred services to enable them to remain living in the comfort of their own home.
In this varied role, you may be responsible for activities that can include:
- Helping with Domestic assistance/household tasks;
- Ensuring all allocated living areas are kept clean, tidy and safe;
- Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping areas covered in the domestic support plan;
- Assisting with laundry and ironing as required;
- Reading support plans to ensure that tasks completed will meet the customer’s needs;
- Record and document services provided when requested by the Team Lead.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with differing needs;
- A proven capacity to provide high levels of customer service;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal when assisting customers who are elderly, culturally diverse or have disabilities;
- Good computer & mobile device skills;
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide one prior to commencing employment);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to customer assignments, along with motor vehicle insurance and registration;
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (6 months or less currency);
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.