Do you want to be part of our safety journey?
We’re looking for a courageous and proactive leader to join us as we strive to cement safety as a foundation of culture at Chorus.
Chorus was formed through the amalgamation of three organisations, each working for the community, who held a shared belief that things could be better. We knew it was time to shake things up. Time for a fresh approach. So we came together and formed Chorus.
Chorus supports people in their home and community, to live the life they choose. We support seniors, people living with disability and those in mental health recovery. We have a team of more than 1000 staff and volunteers who walk alongside people to support their independence and enjoy life. We provide in-home and community support to more than 10,000 people across metro and regional WA.
The Group Manager Work, Health and Safety is responsible to drive changes to WHS performance across the organisation. It leads the design and implementation of a comprehensive Work Health and Safety Framework for the organisation. This role leads the team and is also responsible for managing the operation of this Framework as well as providing support, advice and other assistance across the business, on WHS matters, on a day to day basis. As such, it is the key contact point for safety management across the organisation including worker’s compensation and injury management.
The truth is we find it difficult to keep our people safe:
- We have a large, diverse workforce, which includes volunteers
- We have a wide geographical spread
- And many of our people work in isolation in people’s homes and gardens, in environments that we cannot control.
The whole organisation is committed to making safety a foundation of culture at Chorus and this role will be instrumental in leading the way.
Success looks like this in a candidate
- A strong relationship builder with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent mentor, coach and with great engagement skills.
- Demonstrated success in Work Health & Safety, Injury Management and Worker’s Compensation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a Work Health & Safety framework in line with organisational objectives.
- Experience with Work Health and Safety system, metrics and performance, as well as related workforce training.
- Advanced organisational skills and a high degree of drive, initiative and the capacity to deal with multiple projects and prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines.
- A process improvement orientation, with demonstrated experience in building and maintaining effective systems, policies and procedures.
What we offer
- A competitive package including company laptop and allowance for vehicle and mobile phone. We also offer salary packaging options of up to $15,900 per FBT year towards living expenses and up to an additional $2,550 per FBT year for entertainment benefits.
- The autonomy to make a positive impact on work health and safety at Chorus.
- The chance to be part of an organisation making positive contribution in our community.
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume outlining your suitability uploaded as one document. We encourage applications outlining past experience with a track record of positive change in health and safety outcomes. We would also like to hear about ‘out of the box thinking’ around health and safety for remote workers.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia and a current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions and own vehicle to be used for work purposes when needed.
To view current vacancies visit Chorus