- Join a small, friendly team
- Enjoy gardening, maintenance and working outdoors
- Make a difference together
About the Organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian
not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
About The Role:
We are currently seeking applications for Casual Gardening Assistants to join our team, working with customers in the North Perth, Wanneroo and surrounding areas. The role will involve working as part of a team to provide effective, efficient and high quality gardening and home maintenance services to Chorus customers.
- Ability to work with people with differing needs;
- Highly motivated;
- A safety focus;
- The ability to work in all weather conditions;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Demonstrated skills in garden maintenance;
- A genuine desire to want to make a difference in the community.
- The desire to learn and develop skills and experience in a gardening role within the Chorus service delivery model.
- Current National Police Clearance with 6 months or less currency or willingness to apply for and provide one prior to commencing employment;
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate with 6 months or less currency or willingness to acquire;
- Ability to pass a Pre-employment Medical based on the inherent requirements of the role which include being able to perform repetitive and physically demanding duties.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
This is a great opportunity to build your career as a Gardener. If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies visit Chorus