- Join a small, friendly team
- An exciting time to join Chorus
- Make a difference together!
About the Organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian
not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation delivers care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 480-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a casual Mental Health Support Worker with experience and relevant qualifications in mental health to join our team in Albany. You will be assisting customers who are living with Mental illness and helping them to live the life they choose!
- A genuine commitment with demonstrated skills and knowledge working with people experiencing mental illness;
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or relevant qualifications;
- Relevant experience in mental health community support;
- A proven capacity to deal with challenging issues;
- Highly developed innovative and creative thinking abilities, problem solving abilities, compassion, empathy and professionalism;
- Ability to be resourceful, creative and adaptable within role boundaries;
- Understanding of the person-centred approach;
- Confidentiality and diversity awareness;
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently comfortably;
- Effective listening skills and ability to share practical information in an appropriate and respectful manner;
- Ability to ensure that the safety and wellbeing of customers are maintained;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft packages, word processing, email and internet).
- Current National Police Clearance with 6 months or less currency or willingness to apply for and provide one prior to commencing employment;
- Current Working with Children Check Card;
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions;
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies, visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted