- Do you have a genuine desire to provide the best quality support for customers?
- Do you want to enable customers to live the life they choose?
- Do you value difference and diversity?
About the Organisation:
Chorus was formed in 2017 by the merge of three established WA care providers, Care Options, Community First International and Volunteer Task Force. We are an Australian not-for-profit organisation providing services in Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health and Volunteering. Together our new organisation will deliver care and services to over 10,000 clients across metropolitan and regional WA with a 500-strong workforce and over 600 volunteers. What we believe as an organisation defines the way we work, every day.
We value being Responsive, Practical, Empowering and Respectful.
Working with Chorus gives you the opportunity to work with a diverse range of people, support independence, empower people, ensure people feel connected to others, give something back to your community, and most importantly, make a difference.
We are currently seeking applications for Multi-Skilled Support Workers to join our team, assisting customers living in Albany and the surrounding areas. You will work alongside customers with varying support needs to provide tailored person centred services and activities of their choice which enable them to remain living in the comfort of their own home and community.
In this varied role, you may be responsible for activities that can include:
- Personal care (showering, dressing);
- Domestic assistance/household tasks;
- Assistance with aides and appliances;
- Social support;
- Daily living/life skills development;
- Meal preparation;
- Medication management;
- Support with changes to memory and/or behaviour;
- Transportation of customers to appointments and events.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people with differing needs;
- Flexibility with shifts: Availability Monday to Friday, some weekend and evening work may also be required;
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Disability, Individual Support or other relevant qualification (or working towards obtaining qualification within 12 months) and/or relevant experience working with customers who are aged or with a disability;
- Experience in the delivery of personal care services, medication management and challenging behaviours;
- A proven capacity to provide high levels of customer service, continuously placing the customer at the centre of everything we do;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal when assisting customers who are elderly, culturally diverse or have disabilities, along with their families, carers, and community agencies;
- Ability to ensure safety and wellbeing of customers are maintained;
- Understanding of professional boundaries and privacy and confidentiality issues;
- Good computer & mobile device skills;
- National Police Clearance of 6 months or less currency (or willingness to apply for and provide one prior to commencing employment);
- Working With Children Check (dependent on role if working with customers under the age of 18);
- Current Australian Drivers Licence with no restrictions as transporting customers;
- Reliable and roadworthy motor vehicle to travel to customer assignments, along with motor vehicle insurance and registration (paid kilometres when using own vehicle for approved customer assignments);
- Current Provide First Aid Certificate (12 months or less currency);
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
What we will offer you:
- Attractive salary packaging options (up to $15,900 per year tax free) & an additional $2,650 for Meals and Entertainment;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- A supportive and collaborative team environment;
- Access to pro-rata long service leave at 7 years of continuous service;
- Automatic entry to the Chorus Life recognition and reward program;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program.
If you want to make a real difference and build a truly rewarding career with Chorus, then apply today!
Please submit your application online and include a cover letter and resume uploaded as one document.
Chorus is an equal opportunity employer. People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
To view all current vacancies visit Chorus
Please note that unsolicited resumes and contact from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.